The Parish of St James the Apostle was created in 1989 to meet the needs of a growing area.
The following description of the boundaries of the parish are provided by the Archdiocese of Melbourne. All boundaries are along the centre line except for the southern boundary which includes both sides of the streets:
- From the corner of Hogans Road and Tarneit Road north to Boundary Road. East to Palmers Road, then south along Palmers Road to Sayers Road.
- West along Sayers Road to Wetlands Boulevard, then south along Wetlands Boulevard to the Melbourne Water Outfall Sewer Reserve and south west along this Reserve until Skeleton Creek.
- West along Skeleton Creek to the intersection of the Drainage & Reserve.
- West along the reserve to Pannam Drive to Mossfiel Drive, then north to Cameron Drive to Derrimut Road, then north to Hogans Road.
- West along Hogans Road to Tarneit Road.
The Parish is shown in the map below with a thick grey border.
With three primary schools in our Parish, St James the Apostle Primary School has been zoned to a part of the Parish area.
If you live in the blue part of the map (south of Sayers Road), you can enrol at St James the Apostle Primary School
If you live in the yellow part of the map (north of Sayers Road), you are zoned to St Francis of Assisi School. Please contact the School for enrolment information.
If you live in the green part of the map, you are zoned to St Clare’s School in Truganina. Please contact the School for enrolment information.
Disclaimer: The map is provided as a guide only. The St James the Apostle Parish boundary as detailed by the Archdiocese of Melbourne takes precedence over any illustrations, maps, pictures or descriptions provided on this website.