The Parish of St James the Apostle was created in 1989 to meet the needs of a growing area.
The following description of the boundaries of the parish are provided by the Archdiocese of Melbourne. All boundaries are along the centre line except for the southern boundary which includes both sides of the streets:
- From the corner of Hogans Road and Tarneit Road north to Boundary Road. East to Palmers Road, then south along Palmers Road to Sayers Road.
- West along Sayers Road to Wetlands Boulevard, then south along Wetlands Boulevard to the Melbourne Water Outfall Sewer Reserve and south west along this Reserve until Skeleton Creek.
- West along Skeleton Creek to the intersection of the Drainage & Reserve.
- West along the reserve to Pannam Drive to Mossfiel Drive, then north to Cameron Drive to Derrimut Road, then north to Hogans Road.
- West along Hogans Road to Tarneit Road.
The Parish is shown in the map below with a thick grey border.
With four primary schools in our Parish, St James the Apostle Primary School has been zoned to a part of the Parish area.
If you live in the blue part of the map (south of Sayers Road), you can enrol at St James the Apostle Primary School
If you live in the orange part of the map (north of Sayers Road), you are zoned to St Francis of Assisi School in Tarneit. Please contact the School for enrolment information.
If you live in the green part of the map, you are zoned to St Clare’s School in Truganina. Please contact the School for enrolment information.
If you live in the purple part of the map, you are zoned to St Teresa of Kolkata School in Tarneit North. The school opens in 2024 – contact the school for further information.
Families Outside the Parish Boundaries
As per the MACS Enrolment Priorities, if there are available spaces:
- Families living outside the parish boundaries, who are involved with St James the Apostle parish community, will be considered in 3rd priority.
- Catholic children from other parishes who have been granted permission to enrol outside their parish for pastoral reasons, will be considered in 4th priority.
Families seeking enrolment outside their parish boundaries must seek permission, in writing, from their Parish Priest. This permission letter must accompany the Application for Enrolment.
Consideration as a parishioner by the Parish Priest will be determined by this criteria:
- living within the physical boundaries of the parish;
- family recorded on parish census and contributing to parish Thanksgiving;
- family already participating in the life of the nominated parish.
Disclaimer: The map is provided as a guide only. The St James the Apostle Parish boundary as detailed by the Archdiocese of Melbourne takes precedence over any illustrations, maps, pictures or descriptions provided on this website.