It is important to ensure that all children leave the School safely, therefore procedures are in place for the running of the School Carpark.
Each morning the area between the small car park and the office is designated a “drop off zone”. Nobody is permitted to park in this area before 8:45am.
Each afternoon the car park is open after 2:40pm. Prior to this, priority is given to school programs and the areas are used for physical education. If you arrive before 2:40pm, please follow instructions given by teachers who are using the area.
Children are brought to the car park by their teachers. Following this, teachers will supervise the car park to help make your entry and exit a smooth one. Please be patient and follow the directions given to you by staff.
Here are a few simple guidelines:
- Don’t park in car parks near the pick up zone for more than a couple of minutes.
- Wait for staff to give you the all clear before crossing at the car park crossings with your children.
- Children are not permitted to cross the car park area on their own – you must come and collect them.
- Be patient and polite and follow directions given to you by the staff.
- Walk as often as you can to help alleviate the congestion in the car park.
Please remember that we also have a rear entrance to the school. Children will be supervised to the rear exit each afternoon so you can park in the streets at the rear and meet up with your children.
- Walk home with your child – avoid the hassle of the car park and get some valuable exercise to keep you and your child fit and healthy.
- Allow your child to ride to and from school or even ride with them. Children riding home line up at the end of the day and are escorted to the exit at Fernwood Drive, Kingston Boulevard and Sycamore Street. You could even choose to wait at these points to meet your child when the teachers take them there.
- Park your car a short distance away from the school and walk in to meet your child so that you help relieve congestion in the car park and also save yourself some hassle.
- Park your car near the rear entrance (Fernwood Drive and surrounding streets) and teachers will bring children to the exit. Any children not picked up will be brought back to the main car park. Children going this way line-up under the Play Plaza and wait for teachers to take them to the exit.
- Park in Kingston Boulevard and wait and teachers will bring children to you. Any children not picked up will be brought back to the main car park to be supervised and you can come and get them from there. Children going this way line-up on the paved area next to the Play Plaza and wait for teachers to escort them to Kingston Boulevard. Bikers also line up with these children.
- Park in Sycamore Street and wait and teachers will bring children to you. Any children not picked up will be brought back to the main car park to be supervised and you can come and get them from there. Children going this way line-up in the yard near the Play Plaza toilets and wait for teachers to escort them to Sycamore Street. Bikers also line up with these children.
- Wait until after 3:10pm to arrive for pick-up and you will find it much easier to access the car park and this will also help relieve the congestion. Your child will be well supervised while they are waiting for you to arrive so you don’t need to panic.
- If your child is supposed to meet you or a friend for pick-up tell them to make sure they stay with the teachers until someone arrives. If nobody arrives we will always make phone calls to find out what is happening so don’t worry!
- If you are running late for pick-up, ring and let us know and we will make sure that your child is looked after until you arrive.
- If you are going to be picking up your child after 3:30pm you need to look into After School Care because we have meetings after this time and are unavailable to supervise children.